- 250g ecoBrown’s Brown Rice
750 ml water
60g organic sugar
1 tbsp oil
250g plain flour
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp fresh milk
3 tbsp water
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp oil
Some pumpkin seeds (toasted)
Method for pumpkin filling:
- Peeled and cut pumpkin into cubes, steam until soften and mash it into puree.
- Stir fry pumpkin puree in wok until a little dry up, toss in sugar and cook until sugar dissolve, then add in oil and continue stir fry until non stick to wok, dish out.
- Wash and drain ecoBrown's Brown Rice, cook in rice cooker with water, then mix in organic sugar and oil, divide into 2 portions.
- Mix flour and margarine into crumble form, add in others pie ingredients and knead into dough, then store in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pin roll dough into thin skin, spread onto pie mould, pressing and cut off excessive skin. Pin hole at base with folk and then bake in pre-heated oven at 200°C for 15 minutes; reduce temperature to 150°C, bake pie skin again until golden brown, let cool down.
- Fill in a portion of ecoBrown's Brown Rice onto the pie, press firmly, fill in pumpkin paste and press with another layer of rice, garnish with pumpkin seeds.