200gm ecoBrown’s Pusa Brown
2 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp chopped ginger
2 cinnamon stick
3 star anise
5 cardamom pods
1 tsp black pepper corns, crushed
3 tomatoes, cut into cubes
1 tsp salt
½ tsp vegetable stock granules
2 red chillies
2 green chillies
5 cloves of garlic
200gm white vinegar
100gm boiling water
2 cooked salted egg and some toasted almond flakes
For the Rice Pilaf
- Heat ghee over medium heat. Add in all the spices and stir until aromatic.
- Add ecoBrown’s Pusa Brown and stir to coat. Pour in water and stock granules.
- Add in tomato and stir well to combine. Remove from heat and transfer rice mixture to the steamer.
- Steam for 25-30 minutes, or until the rice is well cooked.
- Once the rice is cooked, fluff up the rice with a fork.
For the Acar
- Peel and slice the onions and garlic into thin wedges. Cut the pineapple into bite-sized chunks. Deseed and finely chop the chilies.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and seasoning.
- Stir well and season for 2 hours (chilling is optional). You can store any leftover acar in a sealed jar in the fridge.
Sprinkle the almond flakes over the rice. Serve with acar and salted egg on the side.