300 g ecoBrown’s Vermicelli (dry weight)
45 g cooking oil
90 g thinly sliced red onion
45 g chopped garlic
40 g dried prawns (rinsed and roughly diced)
20 g bean paste
60 g blended chili paste
45 g sweetened chili sauce
100 g chicken breast meat, sliced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp chicken stock powder
90 g carrot, julienned
100 g white cabbage, julienned
2 sprigs coriander
1 tbsp fried shallots
2 key limes
1 tsp ginger torch, grated
1. Soak vermicelli in cold water for 20 minutes to soften. Discard water, and keep vermicelli aside.
2. Heat up a pan over medium heat, add oil and sauté onion and garlic till fragrant.
3. Add in dried prawns and cook until the prawns turn golden. Turn down the heat and add in bean paste and cook for another 3 – 5 minutes.
4. Next, add in blended chili paste and sweetened chili sauce and cook for another 2 minutes. Once the sauce is slightly thickened, add in chicken breast meat and cook for another 2 minutes. Add in salt, sugar and chicken stock powder.
5. Add in carrot and white cabbage, and then follow by vermicelli.
6. Lightly toss the vermicelli around the pan to mix well with the rest of the ingredients.
7. Cook for another 2 – 3 minutes. Serve.